Friday, May 29, 2009

Vivek The Telugu Magazine for civils

Today I have to mention a strange event. I don't know how many of you might have heard about VIVEK. It is a telugu magazine and it caters to the needs of civil services aspirants. A week ago, I was asked to share my success and other useful information so that it reaches those REGIONAL aspirants who otherwise will not know much. I thought 'Ok! fine , let me do it'.

A few questions were shooted at me regarding various aspects of my preparation and any other suggestions. Interestingly the magazine is brought out by some REDDY coaching institute in HYDERABAD. There I just attended a single mock interview and nothing much. I clearly mentioned it to the reporter and asked him not to mislead people with unnecessary MOVIE MASALAAAAAAA. It was agreed by both sides..


Next comes the magazine. I grabbed a copy seeing my photo on it. And just gone through what it written there. Most of the things are similar to what I have said, except one shocking aspect. I was dumb-struck to find it over there. It read asssssss (the content was translated to English here)------- One mock interview with _ _ REDDY IAS Study Circle helped me a lot in my success.. What the F they have written.

God! I did 2 mocks with UPSC and they too were not helpful. Moreover this time I got very less score (less than 50%) in the interview. I have mentioned it clearly to them even before it was published, that my interview was bad.

In the end, it is a good lesson to come to a conclusion that what reaches common man is spiced up and changed to someone's advantage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is insane. I also read supreet gulati's blog. Even he claimed few magazines published false information willfully. And there was another topper if i remember adipa karthik who stayed away from giving interviews only coz he knew that he would mislead the future aspirants. He has opened his own website to cater to mass aspirants. I find all of you guys doing a great job by blogging. This is great means to reach out to people like us. Like to see you more of blogging.